You can use the homemade rice flour for making :
Homemade Rice Flour
Recipe Category: Flour Variety | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Raw Rice – 2 cups
- Soak raw rice in water for atleast 2 hours.Drain water completely and rinse again.
- Then spread the raw rice in a soft towel and allow it to dry say for 30-45mins.It will be slightly moist only and few rice will stick to your hands when touch and se, this is the perfect stage.Then transfer this to a mixer.
- Grind to a fine powder.Transfer to sieve.Sieve it well.
- Sieve until you get rava like coarse mixture.Add it to the next flour batch and grind it again.
- Dry roast the sieved flour until you see steam coming out of the flour.You should be able draw a line using the flour,roast it in low flame till then.Cool down then store.
Cool down complately then store in airtight container.
- You can dry roast the rice flour in bulk and store it like how I did. Else you can roast it at that instant when you are making snacks.
- If you are grinding in bulk give it to a mill so that the grinding is even and fine too. I grinded it at home using a normal mixie so had to grind it for more time in batches.You can grind it in bulk and store it for around 6months if handled properly.
- Use a dry spoon everytime.
Fine homemade rice flour ready.Can be used for idiyappam,kozhukattai and many indian snacks etc.