Wheat Cerelac Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food| Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Chilled Butter – 1/4 cup
Panankalkandu(Palm Sugar Candy) powder – 1/4 cup
Milk – little less than1/4 cup
For making cerelac:
Cerelac Mix – 2 tbsp
Hot Water – as needed
- Take palm sugar in a mixer jar, powder it fine.Measure 1 cup wheat flour and take it in a mixing bowl.
- Now add palm sugar candy powder.Mix well with a spoon.Measure chilled butter.
- Melt it and add it.
- Mix well so that it resembles bread crumbs then add milk and knead it.
- Knead it to a slightly stiff dough.Take a butter paper,keep the dough in between 2 sheets.Roll with a chapathi roller to a thin sheet.Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Prick with fork and cut into small squares.Lay butter paper on the baking tray,now carefully transfer the squares to the baking sheet.Bake in preheated oven for 15-20mins or until it gets browned.
- Look the edges baked and browned quickly(in 12mins itself),so I collected them in a plate and baked the rest for the remaining time.Cool down the biscuits completely.
- Take it in a mixer jar and grind it,scrap the sides and grind till you get a semi coarse mixture.Spread it in a plate and cool down and then store.
- Take wheat cerelac powder in a bowl,add hot water to it,keep adding till you reach the desired consistency.
- You may not require the entire 1/4 cup milk, add till it comes together.
- While rolling, make sure to roll it thin.
- The biscuits should be crisp, only then the shelf life will be more.
- If the biscuits are soft and chewy then while powdering you may not get a fine dry powder.So make sure to bake the biscuits until browned and crispy.
- This will keep well atleast for a month.