Paneer Soda Recipe
Recipe Category: Drink | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Water – 1 and 1/4 cups
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Rose Essence – 1/8 tsp
Plain Soda – as required for serving
Icecubes – few
- Dissolve sugar in water.Then heat it up for 10 mins, when you touch and see it will start to turn slightly sticky, no need to check for any other consistency.At this stage switch off and cool down.Then strain to remove impurities in sugar(if any).
- Once its completely cooled down, add rose essence and mix well. Transfer to jar and refrigerate it.
- While serving take a glass fill it up few icecubes,then add 2 tbsp sugar syrup and add 1 cup of chilled soda water.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar syrup for each serving according to your preference.But usually paneer soda is less sweet.
- You can refrigerate and store this rose syrup for about 2 weeks.
- The syrup is not thick its runny so dont heat for more time,just when it starts to turn stickyu switch off.
- Make sure you cool down the sugar syrup and only then add rose essence.
- I used Kinley plain soda water and rose essence brand is bush, both is easily available at Nilgiris.
- Use good quality essence as its the main ingredient which gives flavour to this drink.