Multigrain Wheat Cerelac Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food| Recipe Cuisine: Indian
For making cerelac:
Cerelac Mix – 2 tbsp
Hot Water – as needed
- Take palm sugar in a mixer jar, powder it fine.Measure 3/4 cup Multigrain Wheat flour and take it in a mixing bowl.
- Now add palm sugar candy powder,then wheat flour,nuts powder.
- Then add raisins and cranberries.
- .Mix well with a whisk,Set aside.Measure chilled butter.Melt it and add it.
- Mix well so that it resembles bread crumbs texture.Then add water.
- Knead it to a soft dough like our chapathi dough.Take a butter paper,keep the dough in between 2 sheets.Roll with a chapathi roller to a thin sheet.Prick with fork and cut into small squares.Preheat at 180 deg C for 10mins.
- Lay butter paper on the baking tray,now carefully transfer the squares to the baking sheet.Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 15-20mins.When the edges start to brown(mine got baked in 12mins itself),so I collected the edge biscuits in a plate and baked the rest for the remaining time until its browned.Cool down the biscuits completely.
- Take it in a mixer jar and grind it,scrap the sides and grind till you get a semi coarse mixture.Spread it in a plate and cool down and then store.
- Take Multigrain Wheat cerelac powder in a bowl,add hot water to it,keep adding till you reach the desired consistency.
- While rolling, make sure to roll it thin.
- The biscuits should be crisp, only then the shelf life will be more.
- If the biscuits are soft and chewy then while powdering you may not get a fine dry powder.So make sure to bake the biscuits until browned and crispy.
- This will keep well atleast for a month.
- Raisins helps to avoid constipation.