Last Updated on October 19, 2021
Enjoy the cake with a cup of tea….bliss!! 🙂
Gingerbread Snack Cake Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World
Maida(All Purpose Flour) – 1 and 1/4 cup levelled
Butter – 4 tbsp
Egg – 1 at room temperature
Brown Sugar – 1/3 cup
Jaggery Syrup – 1/2 cup
Hot Water – 1/2 cup
Baking soda – 3/4 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Dry Ginger Powder – 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
Cloves powder – 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Icing Sugar – 1 tbsp or as needed to dust
- Measure and take flour in a siever, add the spice powders(clove powder,dry ginger powder,cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder) along with baking powder and salt.Sieve it well.Set aside.
- Measure and take butter in a mixing bowl,add brown sugar to it.
- Whisk it well,until butter is softened(I used chilled butter).Now add jaggery syrup to it.
- Whisk it once, then add egg and whisk again.I used electric hand mixer.
- In a seperate sauce pan add water heat it up.then add baking soda to it.
- It will start to bubble set aside for 5mins then add this to the butter sugar egg mixture.Finally add flour mixture.
- Mix well with a whisk so that there are no lumps.The batter wi;; be semi thick.Now prepare the tin – lay butter, greas it with butter and dust with flour on the butter paper.Preheat oven at 175 deg C for 10mins.
- Transfer the prepared batter to the tin.Tap it well so that its even on all sides.Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 mins or until the top turns golden brown.
- Cool the cake for 15mins then invert,carefully remove the butter paper.Cool the cake completely then cut into slices.Dust with icing sugar while serving.
Cool down then store in airtight container.
- The jaggery syrup should be slightly thick .
- The cake is very soft.Make sure to cool down the cake completely then slice.
- The batter will be thick but flowing.
- I halved the orginal recipe and got 16 squares.
- I used 4X4 inch square tin.
- The color of the cake depends on the color of the color of the jaggery syrup and brown sugar.