Last Updated on December 7, 2020
- Chop the mangoes and puree it without water to get a thick pulp. Keep aside.
- Sift maida, baking soda, baking powder and salt atleast twice for even spread of baking powder and soda.Now add rava to the maida mixture, keep aside.
- In a seperate bowl, add oil,yogurt, mango pulp, cardamom powder,sugar and mix well till sugar is completely dissolved.
- Now add the curd mango mixture to rava maida mixture slowly and mix until a thick batter is formed. Add chopped walnuts and mix once. Reserve 1 tbsp of walnuts for topping.
- Preheat the oven at 190 deg C for 10mins. Meanwhile grease the pan with little oil and sprinkle maida. Arrange butter paper if you use it(I use for most of the cake for easy unmoulding).
- Transfer the batter to the cake pan. Top the cake batter with remaining chopped walnuts and bake it for 35-40mins at 190 degree C.In my OTG it took exactly 40mins for the mango bread to get baked.
- The top would have turned to a golden brown color by this time. Check with a toothpick in the center of the cake and if it comes out clean then ur cake is done.Cool it for atleast 15mins before you unmould and slice them.
- I used a bread loaf pan and 3 small tart moulds.You can use a normal cake pan but see to it that the pan is as big as to hold the batter only to 1/2 or slightly more than the pan .
- The baking time totally depends on the cake mould and the oven, usually my bread loaf pan takes a little longer so it took me 40mins. So keep an eye after 30mins and then extend baking time accordingly.
- The cake in the tart moulds were done in 20mins. Only the bread loaf pan took 40mins to complete.So if you are planning for muffins it will take just 20-30mins.
- Adding sooji gives a wonderful texture to the cake. Mango and cardamom combination is heavenly so dont skip it.
- The orginal recipe calls for only 1/2 cup sugar but I felt my mangoes were not that sweet so I used 3/4 cup and it was perfect.
- As the cake uses mango pulp, it keep well only for 2 days. Dont refrigerate the cake, as it would become hard.