I had just little fresh cream to be finished and this mango mousse was perfect!
Mango Mousse Recipe
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Mangoes – 3/4 cup chopped
Fresh Cream – 1/2
Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Peel the skin and chop the mango roughly.Discard the seeds.Take chopped mangoes in a mixer jar.Add sugar.
- Blend until smooth,Set aside.Chill the bowl and beater attachment for 30mins.Measure fresh cream.
- Take it in the mixing bowl,beat until fluffy,just soft peak is enough.Do not overbeat.Now measure mango pulp.Reserve just 2tbsp mango pulp and add the rest.
- Add it to fresh cream,whisk it well for even mixing.Now take your serving cups.Spoon mango puree into the serving cup as the bottomlayer.
- Fill just a thin layer.Now spoon fresh cream mango mixture into it as the second layer.
- Like this.Add chopped mangoes for garnish.Chill the glasses atleast for an hr before serving.
- I didn’t refrigerate it, clicked the pictures right away, if you set it for an hour or more the texture would be slightly thick.
- Do not overbeat, there are chances for the cream to curdle.
- Adjust sugar as per the tanginess of the fruit.
- I am really not sure whether hand whisk can be used to whip fresh cream but with what I heard from my friends, it will take time in handwhisk to achieve soft peak consistency.
- Let it to set in fridge atleast for an hour and then dig in.
- I used Amul Fresh Cream.