These macaroons are soft and chewy and we loved it so much! As a added bonus this macaroons takes just few mins to mix up and bake, will sure take only 30mins flat from scratch to baking time.
These cookies can be done in a breeze and they taste delicious, just like the bakery soft melt in the mouth cookies, we call them thenga biscuits.
Eggless Coconut Macaroons – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Reference : VegRecipesofIndia
Condensed Milk – 1/4 cup
Dessicated Coconut* – 1 cup
Honey – 1 tbsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/4 tsp
Cherries – 3
- Cut each cherry into 2,Set aside.In a mixing bowl – take condensed milk, add dessicated coconut to it.
- Mix well then add honey mix it up.Add vanilla essence, stir it once.
- Keep mixing till it becomes like this, a sticky mixture.Grease your hands if needed make lemon sized ball and flatten it slightly with your palm.Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Arrange it in a baking tray with butter paper on it.Grease the butter paper if needed, I didnt do it but still the cookies came out neatly.Bake in preheated oven for 15-20mins.It depends on the oven so please keep an eye after 10mins.Mine got done in 12mins itself.Remove from oven, let it cool down then slowly remove the macaroons from the sheet.
Store in an airtight container.
- If you are using fresh coconut then roast the coconut till golden then add condensed milk.
- Do not overbake , when its golden stop baking.
- I felt the sweetness was a little less so added honey, you can taste and skip it too.
- I halved the orginal recipe and got 6 cookies.