Eggless Butterscotch Cake Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World
Maida – 1 and 1/2 cups
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Butterscotch Chips – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Oil – 1/8 cup
Melted Butter – 1/8 cup
Butterscotch Essense – 1 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Thick Curd – 1/2 cup
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Measure and take maida and baking powder in a mixing bowl,whisk it well.Set aside.In another mixing bowl take sugar.
- Add water,oil and melted butter.
- Then add butterscotch essence.Whisk it well and stir till sugar dissolves completely, set aside.
- Now take thick curd in another mixing bowl,add baking soda and vinegar to it.
- Wait till it becomes frothy.Now add this to oil-water-sugar mixture(Mix 2).Whisk well.
- Now add flour little by little and keep whisking.
- Whisk well so that there are no lumps, it will form a creamy flowing batter.Now coat butterscotch chips with a tsp of flour and then add(I forgot it but recommend coating with flour to avoid sinking to the bottom).
- Mix once with a spatula.Now grease the loaf pan with oil,then sprinkle flour and tap off the excess flour.Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Top with butterscotch chips and Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 45-50 mins or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean , you can also see the golden top.Cool down completely atleast for 30mins then invert to demould.After that leave for 30mins,then slice.
Cool down and store in airtight container.
- The only mistake I did was : I forgot to coat the chips with flour so most of the chips sinked to the bottom.So I highly recommend mixing butterscotch chips with a tsp of flour.
- The batter is not advisable to rest, just mix and bake it immediately.So plan it accordingly such that you bake the entire batter in a single batch.
- You can add any chopped nuts of your choice.
- I used homemade yogurt.
- You can replace butterscotch essence with vanilla essence if you prefer.
- Use active baking soda which shows by foaming up immediately when you add it to curd.