Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Christmas Wreath Cookies is a very interesting recipe made with marshmallows and cornflakes as main ingredients.Wreath cookies are fun treats that you can make for your kids during this fective season.I am sure kids will love it ! It is very easy and fun to make these wreath cookies,it just takes 10mins of your time to make this cute and delicious treat! It’s been a tradition to make these cornflake wreaths every year at Christmas time so I tried this and posting it here.
Christmas Cornflake Wreath Cookies Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World
Cornflakes – 1 and 1/2 cups
Marshmallows – 1 cup loosely packed
Butter – 2 tbsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/4 tsp
Green Food color – few drops
Red Candies – few(I used M and M)
- Measure your ingredients and get ready.In a sauce pan – add butter.
- Melt it, now add marshmallows, add vanilla essence.
- Then add green food color, keep cooking in low flame.The marshmallows will start melting.
- When it is fully melted without any lumps, should be a goey liquid this is the right stage.
- Add cornflakes give a quick mix so that it evenly coats it.Switch off.
- Allow it to cool for 2mins.Scoop out using a icecream scooper.In a tray lay butter paper, add a scoop.
- Dip your fingers in water,use your fingers to form wreath shape by making a hole in the center.It may stick so dip your fingers in water once then shape.Do not use more water then the cornflakes will become soggy.Make small wreaths.
- Then take your candies and just press it to each wreath,it will stick to it.Chill it for an hour and enjoy!
- For replacing marshmallows but you can try with honey and brown sugar make a sauce then add cornflakes just like how we do for bars.
- Make the wreaths when the mixture is still warm else it will set in the pan itself making it impossible to shape it.
- You can use any candy, you can even use gems.
- Add the cornflakes only after marshmallows is fully melted.
- Do not use more water,just dip your hands once then shape it quickly.If you dip in water more then cornflakes will become soggy.
- You can even substitute cornflakes with ricekrispies
- You can even use a bundt pan to make a big wreath.
- These are crispy and mildy sweet.