Make your chicken 65 just like in restaurants, am sure you will love this recipe as we did!
Chicken 65 Recipe Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Starter | Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Reference: Sashi Recipes
For the marinade:
Cleaned Boneless Chicken – 1/2 kg (15-20 small bite size pieces)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 3 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder- a generous pinch
Corn Flour – 2 tsp
Rice Flour – 3/4 tsp
Red Food Color – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Egg – 1
Salt – to taste
Oil – for deep frying
Curry Leaves – few
Green Chilies – 2 halved
Raw onion slices – few just to season
Lemon – 1/2 wedge just to season
- Mix all the ingredients listed under ‘For the marinade’ and mix well.
- Allow it to rest for 2 hours atleast – the more resting time the softer the chicken 65 will be. Then heat oil in a kadai deep fry curry leaves and green chillies till crisp and set aside. Then add the chicken pieces in batches and fry well.
- Deep fry them until crispy and till it turns golden brown. Garnish with fried curry leaves and green chillies.
Serve with raw onion slices and lemon wedges as a starter.
- The time for marinade is very important to get juicy soft chicken 65 else it would turn hard and rubbery. So make sure to marinade atleast for 2 hours atleast.
- You can also include small chopped pieces of ginger and garlic with the tempering ingredients.
- You can also skip the yellow yolk of the egg and just add only the white part.
- Choose tender chicken thigh part and cut them into small bite sized pieces.