I am sure kids will love it so treat them and you can enjoy as well !! 🙂
Carrot Cheese Toast Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Bread – 6 slices
Carrot – 1 cup grated
Cheese spread – 2 tbsp
Mozarella Cheese – 1/4 cup grated
Big Onion – 1/4 cup finely chopped
Garlic – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Oregano – 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Olive oil – just to brush
- Rinse carrot well, trim off the edges and peel the skin.Grate it using a grater, measure 1 cup and collect it in a mixing bowl.Add chopped garlic,onion,cheese to it.
- Add pepper powder,oregano,chat masala powder little salt and mix well.Now cut each bread slice diagonally into 2 to get traingles.
- Preheat oven at 175 deg C for 10mins.Meanwhile lay aluminium foil on the baking tray and arrange the bread slices.Spoon the carrot cheese mixture generously and spread it on the bread slice.Now sprinkle grated cheese over it.Brush the sides with olive oil.
- Put the tray in the middle rack and bake it for 10-12mins at the same temperature.Sprinkle chilli flakes and serve hot.The timing may vary so keep an after 8mins and once the edges start to brown then your toast is ready.Do not overbake, turn over and as you see the golden brown color at the bottom part of the bread it shows that the bread toast is done.
Serve hot / warm with tomato sauce.
- If you want to make it stove top then follow this : Toast the bread with butter/ ghee in dosa tawa till golden on both the sides take it out spread the mixture and place the filling side up and cook covered for 2-3mins until the cheese is goey and the vegetables become little soft.But I recommend sauteing the veggies before making the filling for stove top version.
- Brushing the sides with oil is must else the bread will turn dry.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice but make sure to choose vegetables that cook easily.
- You can even add capsicum.
- I used Amul cheese spread and it was plain , you can even try with some flavored cheese.
- Carrot, onion and garlic tends to turn soft after getting toasted in oven.
- I used bake mode but I think toast / pizza mode will work as well.
- You can even make the filling as sandwich and toast the bread.
- The look of the toast on top may be deceptive so don’t overbake then it will get burnt and will become like a rusk.Just turn over to see the bottom then proceed baking accordingly.
- I used white bread, you can use wheat or multigrain bread too.