Baby Corn Noodles Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
Noodles – 1 packet(150 gms)
Baby Corn – 1/2 cup cut lengthwise and parboiled
Carrot and Cabbage – 1 cup chopped finely
Capsicum – 1/4 cup chopped finely(I used yellow, green capsicum)
Garlic – 2 tsp chopped finely
White vinegar – 1/2 tsp
Soya Sauce – 1/2 tsp
Spring Onion(white part) – 1 tsp
Spring Onion(green part) – 2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 heaped tsp(preferably freshly ground)
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Boil water(well enough for the noodles to immerse fully) and add 1/2 tsp of oil in water. In boiling water add the hakka noodles. Check if its cooked then drain the water and keep the noodles aside.Chop the veggies and keep it ready.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan – Add garlic and spring onion white part fry for a minute.Then add finely chopped carrot and cabbage.Keep in medium high flame and saute the veggies until raw smell leaves. Then add capsicum and stir fry for few mins.
- Then add baby corn and toss it well.Then add vinegar and soya sauce.
- Add pepper powder and toss it well.Cook in high flame for 2mins stirring continusouly.Fluff cooked noodles.
- Now add the noodles.Add remaining oil.Keep in high flame stir well then again simmer. Stir well until veggies gets mixed well with the sauces.
- Add oil to boiling water so that the noodles dont stick to each other once cooked.
- After the veggies are added dont overcook as the noodles will become very soft.
- Parboil baby corn by just add it to boiling water cook for 2mins then drain and set aside.