This Corn Cheese Toast is great for breakfast and as after school snack too.
Corn Cheese Toast Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Bread – 6 slices
Onion – 1/4 cup chopped
Capsicum – 1/4 cup chopped
Boiled Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
Grated Cheese – 1/2 cup
Boiled Milk – 3/4 cup
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Maida – 1 tsp
Oregano – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Pressure cook sweet corn for atleast 5-6 whistles,drain water and set aside.Chop onion and capsicum roughly.Heat a tsp of oil – Add onion saute till it turns transparent and then add capsicum and saute for few mins.
- Add corn and pepper powder.Mix well,Switch off and Set aside.Heat butter in a pan.
- Add maida and fry it for few seconds.Then add milk.
- Keep whisking till it forms a thick saucy consistency.Now add the sauted veggies.
- Mix well.Add cheese and let it melt.Now switch off and set aside.
- Now toast bread slices with ghee.Spoon a generous amount of corn cheese sauce over the bread slices and serve.
Serve hot / warm with sauce.
- You can even toast the bread using toaster.
- If you want to bake the slices then don’t add cheese in the mxture, make white sauce spread over the bread slices,add grated cheese then bake it in oven for 10mins at 180 deg C after preheating.
- You can use this stuffing as sandwich filling too.
- I used Amul cube cheese.You can use any of your favorite cheese.
- I used fresh sweet corn, boiled it and then seperated from the kernel.You can use frozen corn too.
- You can include other veggies like carrot,babycorn,broccoli etc.
- I used white bread, you can use wheat or multigrain bread too.