Paneer Sandwich Recipe – Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Paneer – 1/2 cup crumbled
Big Onion – 1/2 finely chopped
Ginger Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp(optional)
Capsicum – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Tomato Sauce – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
- Take the paneer and crumble it well,Set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add ginger garlic paste,onions and saute till golden brown.
- Then add capsicum and fry for a minute, then add chilli powder,garam masala powder,salt and tomato sauce. Give a quick stir, it should be saucy and not too dry add little water if its too dry.Then add crumble paneer.
- Mix well, cook for a minute…garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.Trim the edges of 2 slices of bread….spread a generous layer of paneer stuffing on side and close it anotehr slice of bread, press it well so that it gets sealed.Heat dosa pan with ghee and toast the bread until it turns golden brown on both sides.
Cut diagnally and serve hot / warm!
- Dont make the sauce very dry then the stuffing may spill out. THe stuffing should be moist enough to stick to the bread.
- You can also make it as sealed sandwich using sandwich maker like how I made my veg sandwich or just toast and make it open sandwich.
- You can even add other veggies like carrot and cabbage along with paneer.
- I used homemade fresh paneer so used it directly.If you want to use frozen paneer… then first thaw it then crumble it.
- You can use the same paneer stuffing for katiroll or frankie.
- You can even substitute paneer with tofu and use brown bread for a more healthier and low fat sandwich version.