Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack / Appetiser | Recipe Cuisine: World
Broccoli – 2 cups(cut into bite sized florets)
Olive Oil -1 tbsp
Garlic – 4 small pearls(grinded to a fine paste)
Lemon zest – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Parmesan Cheese – 1 tbsp (I used cube cheese)
Sesame seeds – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Boil water(just enough for the broccoli to immerse), while its boiling add the broccoli florets and let it cook for just 3mins(this step is purely optional but I do this to get rid of the worms if any). Switch off. Drain water and keep aside. In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients except sesame seeds listed along with broccoli, then add lemon juice.
- Add olive oil and give a quick stir. Lay an aluminium foil and arrange the broccoli florets,drizzle sesame seeds.Meanwhile preheat the oven at 215 deg C for 10mins. Then bake it in toast/pizza mode for 15-20mins(timing purely depends on your oven type)or until golden brown. Change the mode to grill for the last 2mins which gives the browning and makes the broccoli more crispier.
Serve hot with any spicy dip or tomato sauce, it tastes good on its own too.
- Parboiling broccoli not only helps in avoiding worms but helps in holding the marination stick well.
- You can even add sesame seeds close to the end of the baking time say 5-7mins before the end time.
- Keep an eye after 10mins, as each oven takes different time to cook it.
- Once you set the mode to grilling be very carefully as the mode easily burns the veggie.
- You can use any type of cheese but parmesan cheese is much preferred for this recipe.As I dont get parmesan here, I used grated amul cube cheese.