If I have the option of having the same snack daily I would prefer these granola bars…Yes I like these bars so much. I relish every bite of it and go sad for the last bite everytime.You can check the other version of granola bars with stepwise here .
Dont over roast , as it will give a burnt flavour and spoil the taste.
Dont reduce the honey or peanut butter, then making bars will be tough.Also it will stay as a bar even without baking but make it as a square(when opted for longer bars you need to bake for it to be perfect bars without crumbling)
You can use any type of nuts and dry fruits, the only thing to note down is the quantity.
Baking them at the last step makes the bars stay crisper for a long time.Store them in an airtight container and enjoy them any time.
- First dry roast oats, cornflakes, nuts and dry fruits in a pan until a nice aroma comes and oats starts slightly browning up. Keep aside.
- Now in the same pan, add butter heat it till it melts. Now add honey, peanut butter, demererar sugar and water, heat it until the mixture starts bubbling up.
- At this stage add the roasted oats, cornflakes and nuts mixture and mix well until honey-peanuts mixture is coated on all sides of the oats cornflakes mixture.
- Then transfer to a butter paper and spread it using a spoon or a wooden laddle to 1/4 or 1/2 inch thickness. Straighten the edges and make it as a square or rectangle.
- Cover it with another butter paper and press them down gently.Allow them to cool for 5mins then cut into bars.Bake the bars at 200 deg C for 5-7 mins to make it more crispy , this step is optional but it will retain the bars crispness for a longer time. Cool down and store it in an airtight container.
The granola bars can be stored for about a week in an airtight container. I have been experimenting these bars with various combinations and this one is my fav.
Whenever I go to Nilgiris my first entry to the grocery basket will be Nature Valley granola bars, I have almost tried every combination of it and all of them tastes yummy.As I’ve already told, me and amma are greatly addicted to it so make these bars often at home too.
Mittu loves peanut butter thats when I started trying peanut butter at home. Its easy, quick and all the more satisfies us that it is homemade. But this time I got funfoods peanut butter(creamy version) for making these bars.