I know many of you might get surprised when I say I dont like bananas in their true form. The only disguise of banana I can have is in the form of milkshakes but after trying these banana muffins I changed my mind :) I found the url while googling for banana muffins and I instantly tried it by halfing the measurements and it came out soo good.
- Sieve maida, baking soda and baking powder atleast twice, keep aside.
- Peel the skin of the banana and mash them well (I grinded it to a smooth paste). Add oil, vanilla essence and mix well. Fold in sugar and mix well until sugar completely dissolves.
- Add sieved maida , baking powder-soda mixture and mix well until a creamy mixture is formed. Add the chopped walnuts, reserve little for topping.
- Preaheat oven to 190 deg C. Meanwhile spoon the mixture in the muffin tray till 3/4th, , add in the remaining walnuts and bake it for 20-27mins. Check in after 25mins and bake accordingly.
- I have tried with the same measurement with 1/8 cup of oil and 1/8 cup of milk instead of full 1/4 cup oil and the muffins texture and tastewise there was no much of difference.
- You can use any type of banana, I used Moris yellow variety. Adjust sugar according to the banana variety you choose.
- The muffins raise up well in the first 15mins of baking itself. For the above mentioned measurement I got 5 medium sized muffins.
- It is very soft and fluffy and keeps well for 2 days.
- Dont skip adding nuts the crunchiness is too good with the banana flavour.
When I tried it for the first time the top was cracked, though I took these set of pics, I thought I have gone wrong somewhere so didnt mean to post it. Once when I saw banana muffins in a famous english bakery here the top was fully cracked, also after discussing with friends I made up mind that I had not gone wrong anywhere. And now me and hubby who are so aversed to banana enjoy these muffins to the core.
My hubby tasted these muffins and just loved it that he wanted another batch the next day itself :) Its kind of addictive the vanilla essence with the banana flavour tastes out of the world. Though vanilla essence is not given in the orginal recipe we liked the blend of flavours so I recommend adding it.
My only plight while baking muffins is the muffin liners as the ones I had were too small for the muffin tray I own so this time I didnt use liners at all. Now finally I've found one that fits my tray though not so colorful and fancy. Wait for my other muffin posts to see them in action :)
As usual my texture showing technique ;)