I think each one has their own version of coconut rice but this thengai podi satham is little different from our usual coconut rice. This recipe was purely on a hear say from a friend and it turned out gud so thought to jot it down before I forget. I am
not a fan of variety rice but still this comes to our rescue when there is less time.Ammas version of coconut rice is already posted.
- Dry roast the ingredients under “to grind” until the dhals and coconut turn lightly browned. Grind it to a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add jeera let it splutter then add curry leaves and red chilly. Let it fry for a minute or 2 then add coconut and fry till its lightly browned.
- Add the grinded powder to this and mix well.Now add cooked rice and mix well.
- Allow it to rest for 15mins then Serve with raita or chips!
- You can even have the roasted powder prepared well in advance.
- We like it with papad or any mild veg curry.