Wheat Rava Upma Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Wheat Rava – 1 cup
Onion – 1 chopped finely
Tomato – 1 roughly chopped
Water – 2 cups
Mint Leaves – a handful (optional)
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 1 slitted
Curry Leaves – few
Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker – add the items under ‘to temper’ then add onion saute till golden brown. Then add tomato and saute till it shrinks and raw smell leaves.Then add mint leaves.
- Saute for a minute then add water and allow it to boil.Add required salt.
- Once the water starts boiling, add rava and pressure cook for 1 whistle in medium flame.Once pressure releases, just give a quick stir.
Serve hot with ghee-sugar or with any side dish of your choice.
- Pressure cooking method is easy especially for wheat rava.
- Adding mint leaves is purely optional but does give a nice flavour to the bland upma.
- You can also temper chana dal instead of urad dal.
- If you prefer you can add vegetables of your choice to make it more filling and colorful too 🙂