Tomato Soup Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Soup | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Tomatoes – 4 medium sized
Beetroot – a small piece
Garlic – 2 cloves roughly chopped
Bayleaf – 1/2
Cinnamon – 1/4 inch piece
Cornflour – 1/2 tsp mixed with 1 tbsp of water
Fresh Cream – 2 tsp
Pepper Powder – as needed
Salt – to taste
- Take tomatoes, garlic,cinamon,bayleaf,cloves and a small piece of beetroot along with a cup of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Discard bayleaf,cinnamon and cloves.Now using a blender/mixer give a quick blend.Strain using a strainer.
- Now heat up the filtered tomato pulp, simmer for about 5mins.Add required salt.Mix 1/2 tsp cornflour with a tbsp of water to a runny paste.Add this mixture to the boiling soup.Mix well and simmer till the soup becomes slightly thick.
- Add fresh cream, give a quick mix,let it simmer for 5more mins, finally add pepper powder and switch off.
Serve hot with a generous sprinkle of pepper powder.
- You can add little milk if you like.
- Fresh cream gives nice flavour to the soup.
- Use freshly ground pepper powder.
- Add a pinch of sugar if you want a slightly sweet taste.
- I used bangalore tomatoes, you can even use country tomatoes but gives a tangy taste.