Cookware is a love for any passionate cook. I am no exception – My obsession for cookware shopping and research is a journey with no destination! We hit lot of exciting experiences in that journey and I would like to share one such in this product review.
I am excited to partner with the 30+ year brand which excels in design, quality and user centric cookwares- Stahl. Stahl – the first company in India to make triply cookwares.
Having been a cookware addict, now I know a bit about the material and how it reflects in day to day cooking. I should admit I have a thing for cookwares especially triply stainless steel(three sandwiched layers) . I always research on the brands before buying my cookwares and after owning the testing begins. Apart from cooking I am so keen noticing the pros and cons of each brand and cookware
To be honest Stahl was one of the cookwares on my to try list. I have seen this cookware in few shops in our city and have been awed by its looks. The finish and stylish looks adds on to the durability of these cookwares.
The cookwares I received were artisan series that has set a benchmark in utility, quality and efficiency. The Artisan Series is manufactured with utmost care and precision, ensuring an impeccable feel and finish. They are dishwasher, oven safe(fry pan), can be used even in induction, electric and gas stoves. And yes they are proudly made in India! I am sure Stahl cookwares are durable and long lasting.
I am sharing this review after using both the cookwares for a while, testing it with stir fries, fries, roasting, sweets and eggs too. I would like to categorise my review based on the following :
- Look : As you can see its obvious that it looks classy with a dull finish inside and mirror finish look on the exterior. Both the kadai and fry pan comes with apt fitting steel lids. Though I love glass lids for my videos as there is a see through of what is cooking inside, steel lids are more convenient to handle and wash especially for everyday use.
- Weight : Yes its slightly heavy like other triply cookwares but that justifies the nonsticky effect while cooking. You hear me right, it feels 90% nonstick once seasoned. Isn’t that cool?
- Size : The kadai I own is 24 cm(2.4 litres) and the fry pan is 24cm(1.8 litres). Both are suitable for a family of 3-4. They have a range of sizes so you can choose according to your family size.
- Maintenance : What I love the most in Stahl cookwares is, it is easy to clean. Even if the cookware browns a bit while frying for a long time, just soaking in water and using the normal soft scrub is enough to clean the cookware with ease. This is one of the main difference I see while comparing with other cookwares I use as most of them needs heavy metal scrubbing.
- Cost: The price range is ok, not too expensive. But what I can assure is these will definifely last a lifetime.
It comes well packed in a cardboard box with necessary packaging. For the first time use, rinse it well then wash in soap water atleast twice. Then do the seasoning. And your cookware is all set for cooking.
I choose a size neither too big nor too small so that it will be very convenient for everyday use.
Stahl cookwares are made using triply material which has three layers sandwiched together through the entire body of the utensil, providing an unparalleled cooking experience. And these cookwares come with a limited warranty.
These are fitted with custom-made Investment Cast Stainless Steel handles and an ergonomic Stainless Steel Lid with handle.Then handles are riveted with steel.
The frypan can be used in the oven and is ideal to cook, bake and serve.
A best seasoned steel cookware works more like a nonstick cookware. So this is what I want to tell to all those who keep asking me how you manage with steel cookwares. A bit of your time and maintenance and they are no less than a nonstick cookware.
Whether you prefer cooking in a traditional Indian kadhai or are looking for a kadhai for a big family, the Stahl Artisan range has sizes and shapes to suit all kind of Indian families. Both the handles have rubber grip at the bottom to avoid heat while handling.
These cookwares come with a stay cool handle but with what I have noted is that the handle gets heated if we cook for a long time may be for around 30 mins but sure warm enough to handle.
A fry pan is a must have in the kitchen because of the ease of handling. As it has a flat surface, the heat distribution is even hence dry roasting and frying is at ease.
Final word : I have been loving the cookwares ever since I started using them. They have left no stone unturned so its obvious that I have no complaints to register here. Apart from its looks, ease of cooking I am pretty sure they will last a lifetime and a pure delight to use. So go ahead buy yours and happy cooking!
Skill comes with practice and techniques – An easy technique to acquire is by choosing the right cookware. One such definite choice of mine is Stahl!