Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Soya Chunks Gravy Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Soya Chunks – 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Big Onion – 1/2 finely chopped
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Water – as required to boil
Milk – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Onion – 1 medium sized
Tomato – 2 medium sized
Oil – 1 tbsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – a small sprig
- Boil water + milk in a pan till it bubbles up rigourously.Switch off and add the soya chunks and let it aside for few mins for it to grow in size.Then rinse soya chunks in cold water atleast twice to get rid of the raw smell.Drain water and Set aside.
- In a pan heat oil – add onion and tomato saute till raw smell of tomatoes leave.Then in a mixer grind coconut,pepper,fennel along with onion tomato…grind to a fine paste,Keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ then add onion,ginger garlic paste and fry till transparent.Then add onion tomato paste along with chilli powder,coriander powder and garam masala powder.Saute for few mins then add required salt.
- Add soya chunks, mix well.Add 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup water according to the consistency.Pressure cook for 1 whistle in medium high flame.Once pressure releases, open garnish with coriander leaves and transfer to serving bowl.
Drizzle lemon juice and Serve with hot phulka / chapati!
- Mixing milk with water is to get rid of the raw smell of soya.
- Pressure cooking at the final stage is purely optional you can just give a rolling boil and switch off. But I suggest to pressure cook for the gravy to nicely blend with the chunks, the chunks also becomes juicy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and add lemon juice while serving.