Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Now lets get on to learn how to make this easy sweet snack Shakkar Pare..Shall we?!
Shakkar Pare Recipe
Recipe Category: Sweets | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup heaped
Fine Rava – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
Milk – less than 1/8 cup
For the sugar syrup:
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Water – 1/8 cup
- In a mixing bowl,take wheat flour,add ghee and fine rava to it. Then take it out and knead it once.
- Mix well with your hands,it ill resemble bread crumbs.When you press it it should hold together thats the right texture.
- Now add milk little by little to form a smooth nonsticky dough.Cover with a muslin cloth and rest for 10mins.
- Now knead it once.then roll it using a chapathi roller to slightly thick.Then using a knife or pizza cutter draw lines to form small diamonds as shown below.
- Carefully separate the pieces.Now heat oil – add few pieces,do not overcrowd.It will slowly come up and change color.Do not keep the flame in high,low medium should be fine.Keep rolling and flipping over to cook evenly.
- Deep fry till golden brown on both sides.Take it out and drain in tissue paper.Likewise fry the remaining.Set aside.
- To make sugar syrup – First take sugar in a pan,add water to it till immersing level,keep stirring till sugar completely dissolves.
- Cook till the syrup becomes thick.Keep a small plate with water in it,when you pour a drop the sugar syrup it should not dissolve and it should stand still like shown.Thats the right consistency,now switch off.
- At this stage add the cooked biscuits into the sugar syrup.Toss it well for even mixing and coating of sugar syrup.In few mins it will become dry with sugar coated on the biscuits.
Cool down,spread it then store in airtight container.
- While rolling, do not roll it thin,it should be slightly thick like crackers.
- You can prick holes with a fork before frying the biscuits to avoid puffing like I did for namak pare.
- If you are scared about missing the right consistency, check for one string when it forms a thick one string add the biscuits and keep stirring with the flame on and when it starts to harden and white patches appear here and there switch off.
- You can also increase sooji to 1 tsp if you want a more crunchy version.
- Fry until its golden brown else it will become chewy and not crispy.
- You can make it fully with maida too or use wheat flour fully too.