Ellu Sadam Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Cooked rice – 1 cup
To temper :
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds / Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – A few
Gingelly oil / nallennai – 1 tbsp
To roast and grind to a coarse powder:
White sesame seeds – 3 tbsp
Channa Dal – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Dry red chillies – 3
- Dry roast the ingredients listed under ‘to roast and grind’ till golden brown,Set aside.Now add sesame seeds.
- Roast until golden brown.Set aside to cool.Temper the items listed under ‘to temper’ in oil,let it splutter,Set aside.
- Take the roasted ingredients in a mixer jar and grind it to a coarse powder.Now take cooked rice in a mixing bowl and spread it.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil and fluff it up.Now add the ellu powder along with tempered items,required salt and mix well.
- You can replace urad dal with channa dal too.
- If you are using fresh cookoed rice then spread it in a plate and cool down completely then add it.
- You can make the thokku the previous day and refrigerate it.It keeps well atleast for 3-4 days if refrigerated.