I am buying phool makhana(lotus seeds) often these days as mittu has started to like it,she loves to munch on ghee roasted makhana with a drizzle o chat masala powder, perfect snack for evenings.
Phool Makhana Paratha
Recipe Category: Raita | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Phool Makhana – 1 heaped cup
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp chopped finely
Salt – to taste
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
Oil – to toast
- Heat ghee in a tawa, add makhana and roast till golden or until crispy.If you taste it it will be crispy and not chewy thats the right stage. Switch off and cool down.
- Transfer to a mixer jar and grind it to a fine pwoder.In a mixing bowl take all other ingredients (except oil) along with makahana powder.
- First mix well with a spoon, then add water and knead it to a soft pliable dough.Allow i to rest for 15mins atleast.
- Then knead again and form lemon sized balls.Take a ball and start rolling.Dust flour if needed to avoid sticking.
- Roll to thin parathas.Roll the rest of the paratahs too and keep it ready.Heat a dosa tawa,drizzle oil, then carefully transfer a paratha.
- Cook till small bubbles starts to appear,then flip to other side,drizzle little oil/ghee and cook until brown spots appear here and there.Flip again if needed.
- Roast makhana until crisp, try tasting one to check if its done.
- You can even add a pinch of chat masala powder.