Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Peas Paratha Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Green Peas – 1.5 cups (Fresh or Frozen)
Ginger Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli – 2 small
Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Ghee / Oil – to toast
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Shahi Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Add flour to a mixing bowl along with salt and water. Knead to a smooth pliable dough.Set aside to rest.
- Pressure cook peas for 1 whistle(as I used frozen peas) with very little water say just immersing level., allow it to cool down. Meanwhile grind green chilli to a coarse paste then add cooked peas and grind it coarsely.
- Heat a pan with oil – add jeera, ginger garlic paste saute till slightly browned.Then add peas mixture along with garam masala and salt. Saute for 2mins until the masalas are well blend , then add coriander leaves and switch off.
- Make equal sized balls with the dough and the peas stuffing. Make peas stuffing balls little smaller than the dough.Roll each ball into a thick circle,keep the stuffing seal it by pulling all the edges to the center as shown below.
- Seal it completely and then roll it into a thin / thick paratha as per your preference, dust flour then and there to avoid sticking.Heat a dosa pan and carefully transfer the paratha, drizzle oil and cook till both the sides has golden spots.Brush with ghee while serving.
Serve it hot with plain curd and mango pickle….what else do you need?! Yum combo!! 🙂
- Be careful while adding water to peas, dont make it mushy.
- For the peas or any green vegetable to stay green, after pressure cooking release the pressure manually and open it. This way the veggies will stay green while adding in gravies – Got this tip from my cousin and it worked too.
- Adjust the number of whistles depending on the variety of peas.
- Keeping the inner stuffing ball little smaller helps in easier rolling.
- Make thin or thick parathas as per your preference.We like ours a bit on the thinner side.