Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Onion Tomato Chutney Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Tomatoes – 2 medium sized
Onion – 2 medium sized
Garlic – 5 small pearls
Red Chillies – 2
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – a small sprig
Hing – 1/8 tsp
- Chop tomato and onion roughly.In a mixer jar, add onion,tomato,garlic and red chillies and blend it to a puree.In a kadai heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.
- Then add the onion tomato paste saute for 3mins.Then add 1/4 cup water,required salt and let it boil till raw smell leaves.Cook closed for few mins until it becomes thick like chutney consistency.
Serve with hot soft uttapams!
- The consistency is purely your choice, you can make it more like thokku or a bit runny too.
- Adjust red chillies according to your spice level.
- Adding garlic is optional but gives a great flavour.
- If you are making for travel then add more oil(may be a tbsp for this measure) and make like a thooku and it will stay good for 2 days atleast in room temperature.