Last Updated on December 7, 2020
I wanted to use my new popsicle mould that I got here in CBE….so CBE’ans I hear you…you can check out DuraiSingh at Gandhipuram where you can find 2 varieties of popsicle moulds….and yes I got these from there only but this time I used icecream sticks instead of the popsicle moulds.In Chennai, I saw popsicle moulds at Currimboys, you can check out there.
Everytime I remove the popsicles out of the mould, I feel like bringing the sky down yes I am so happy seeing the clean demoulded popsicles….Mittu shouts amma woooow and me beaming with pride and joy…:D Now I am set to make more varieties of popsicles as I haven’t got bored of it still….Its summer so its the best time to reslish these popsicles so am utilising it completely 🙂 But the only thing is that popsicles are damn tough to click as it melts so quickly…next time I have to be even more quick while clicking them.
Mango Yogurt Popsicle Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Alphonsa Mangoes – 2 (pulp should come to 2 cups)
Yogurt – 1 cup
Sugar – 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Water – 1/4 cup
- Take curd , add a tbsp sugar to it and whisk well,Set aside.Wash mangoes, peel off the skin and chop them into pieces.Transfer to mixer, add 3 tbsp sugar.
- Blend it well.If it is too thick add water and whisk it well.Now take your popsicle mould and pour the mango puree.
- The mango puree may be to 1/4th of each mould.Then add yogurt and finally finish it off with mango puree layer.
- Cling wrap it with aluminum foil,Carefully prick with a knife then insert icecream sticks.Alternately you can even close it with your popsicle mould lid itself.
- Freeze it for atleast 8 hrs or even overnight.Then take it out and carefully show the outer surface under tap running water.Carefully pull out the popsicles.Mittu wanted it so badly that she couldnt wait for me to click so so one is empty 🙂
Serve it immediately.
- Mango and yogurt ratio is purely your choice. I wanted more mango in my popsicle so added only little yogurt.Its your choice.
- If you like elachi or saffron flavour add a pinch of it in the mango puree.
- Dont have a popsicle mould?! dont worry use disposable plastic cups or even thick paper cups cling wrap aluminium foil and us icecream sticks and freeze it.It demoulds easily or you can even cut the cups,tear it to get the popsicles out.
- Choose ripe mangoes or any juicy mango type, alphonsa suits best.
- Adjust sugar quantity according to the sweetness of your mango variety.
- If you are serving only 2-3 popsicles and want the rest to be stored then again close it with aluminum foil and freeze it.
- You can even add any flavoured yogurt of your choice like strawberry yogurt etc.
- You can even add plain milk with sugar replacing yogurt layer.
- For easy demoulding – show the popsicle moulds in warm water, then pull the stick out slowly to get the ice pops clean.