Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Mango Sago is a popular dessert made with mangoes, sago and milk.With such easy and humble ingredients if you can make an exotic dessert, then its a great win.Mangoes are in season and am sure you mush be relishing them, Now try this easy and quick mango sago dessert with the available ingredients in your pantry.
The dessert is mildy sweet with the rich creamy mango base and sago balls, yum combo.There are a lot of variations I saw when I googled for the recipe, I have listed the variations here:
1.You can cook sago and keep seperately and while serving scoop a cup of sago and pour the mango milk mixture onto it and garnish with chopped mangoes.
2.Add milk and condensed milk more with less mango puree in that case the pudding will be on the whiter side or make it layered alternating it with mango and milk layers.
Mango Sago Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: World
Mangoes – 2 medium sized(pulp measures 1 and 1/4 cups)
Mango – 1/4 cup chopped
Sago – 1/3 cup
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Milk(Boiled & Cooled) – 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup
Condensed Milk – 1/4 cup
- Soak sago in water(till immersing level) for an hour.Rinse it to remove excess starch.Now boil water and add the sago.Cook sago till it gets transparent and soft.Keep mixing else it will stick to the bottom.
- Drain water and wash again in running water, drain water completely and set aside.In a mixer : add mangoes,sugar and 1/4 cup milk and grind it to a smooth paste.
- In a mixing bowl add remaining 1/2 cup milk and mango pulp and mix well without lumps.Now add condensed milk.
- Mix well with a whisk.Add cooked sago little by little and mix well.
- Now add chopped mangoes(reserve a tbsp for garnish) and give a quick mix.Chill it for an hour and serve chilled.
Serve chilled with cut mangoes as topping.
- Take care while adding water to soak sago…this is a very important step….if you add more water then it will become mushy.
- Chill the pudding then while serving top it up with chopped mangoes and serve.
- I used Neelam mango variety, you can use alphonsa too.Any fiberless mango suits best.
- After adding sago it thickens so adjust the consistency accordingly.It thicken with time.
- Adjust consistency of the pudding according to your liking.
- You can even add 1/4 cup coconut milk for extra flavour.
- I used homemade condensed milk.