Mango Frooti is a yummy, cool drink that mimics closest in taste to Frooti is made by blending mango, raw mango and sugar. Mango Frooti is a tasty delight drink for managing the scorching heat of the summer and can be made in minutes.
Mango Frooti Recipe – Yes you heard it right.Mango frooti fresh and juicy how many of you have enjoyed this ad and drink as a kid?! I love and loved frooti as a kid then later read a article where a person had shared his experience and after that I didn’t touch at all.So when I saw mango frooti can be made at home I was so excited and wanted to try it out immediately.
I love frooti, slice, maaza and all such mango drinks and amma loves it too as she doesn’t like aerated drinks.So when I made this frooti at home, she was soo happy.
Homemade mango frooti tastes so close to the original and I can assure you to see happy faces after they taste it.I wanted to try this mango frooti recipe before mango season ends and here it is.
More Mango Recipes
I referred this recipe for measures and tried it yesterday.The kids loved it so much.
If you have any more questions about this Mango Frooti Recipe do mail me at [email protected] In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Mango Frooti Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
- 1 cup mangoes chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup raw mango chopped roughly
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water (if needed)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Take 1 cup water in a sauce pan - add sugar to it. Boil until it forms a sticky syrup. Switch off and cool down.
- Rinse and get your mangoes ready. Peel off the skin, chop them and measure. I used alphonso mangoes.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Add mango and raw mango, let it cook.
- Cook until they turn soft it may take some 5-7 mins. Switch off add lemon juice and set aside to cool.
- Now using a strainer take the pieces alone, reserving the water. Transfer to mixer jar. Blend to a fine puree. Transfer the puree mixing bowl.
- Now add the sugar syrup make sure its cooled down completely. Now add the reserved water. Mix well. Add 1/2 cup water if it is too thick.
- Strain and discard the fiber part. Now thick pulpy yummy mango frooti ready!
- Chill it and Enjoy Mango Frooti!
- I used alphonso mangoes and recommend using the same. If you don't get alphonso then use any fibreless mangoes. Use ripe juicy pulpy mangoes.
- After straining if its too thick add little more water but only if needed.
- You can even add sugar while cooking the mangoes itself. But amma says making sugar increases shelf life so tried it this way though it got over in a day so couldn't test it ;)Also lemon juice acts as a natural preservative but add very little. I am sure this will keep well at least for 5 days when refrigerated.
- You can alternatively pressure cook for 3 whistles then proceed with the remaining steps too.
How to make Mango Frooti
- Take 1 cup water in a sauce pan – add sugar to it.Boil until it forms a sticky syrup.Switch off and cool down.
- Rinse and get your mangoes ready.You may not end up using them fully, just showing what I used.Peel off the skin, chop them and measure.I used alphonso mangoes.Boil 2 cups of water.
- Add mango and raw mango, let it cook.
- Cook until they turn soft and should be easily mashable. It may take some 5-7 mins.Switch off add lemon juice and set aside to cool.Now using a strainer take the pieces alone,reserving the water.
- Transfer to mixer jar along with little boiled water,Reserve the rest.Blend to a fine puree.
- Transfer the puree mixing bowl.Now add the sugar syrup make sure its cooled down completely.Now add the reserved water.
- Mix well.Add 1/2 cup chill water if it is too thick.
- Strain and discard the fiber part.Now thick pulpy yummy mango frooti ready!
Chill it and Serve.
Yummy chilled fresh and juicy homemade frooti ready!
Very nice dear
The Mango Hub
This guide is really on point and they are very practical for beginners. I would love to read more from you in the future. Thanks so much.