It is a great appetizer/starter to serve for guests or for your kids, they will sure enjoy it.I loved the chilli flakes in each bite…hot and yummm!!
Jacket Potatoes Recipe
Recipe Category: Starter | Recipe Cuisine: World
Potatoes – 3 small
Cheese – 1 small cube grated
For the inner stuffing:
Rajma – 1/4 cup
Big Onion – 2.5 tbsp finely chopped
Garlic – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Tomato Ketchup – 1 tbsp
Oregano / Mixed Herbs – a pinch
Olive oil – 3 tsp
Salt – to taste
For the outer covering:
Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oregano – 1 tsp
- Soak rajma overnight or atleast for 8 hrs, then pressure cook along with required water for 5 whistles, set aside.Heat a pan with oil – add onion,garlic and saute till golden brown.Add tomato ketchup, oregano and saute for 3mins.
- Then add cooked rajma and toss it well until the sauce nicely coats rajma.Set the stuffing aside.
- Boil 3 whole potatoes with skin for 4 whistles along with salt and water. Peel of the skin and cut them into half and scoop out the inner part as shown in the pic.Don’t dig in more just scoop it gently with a spoon.1 half crumbled so only 5 halves were there for me 🙂
- In a mixing bowl – add all the ingredients listed under ‘For the outer covering’ mix well.Then take each halved potatoe and sip it in the chilli flakes mixture so the outer surface of the potato is coated well with the chilli flakes mixture.Arrange it in a baking tray with aluminium foil.Meanwhile preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.
- Spoon the rajma mixture and carefully fill in each potatoes scooped portion.Then add grated cheese. Bake it for 15-20mins until cheese melts and outerlayer becomes slightly browned.
Serve it hot with extra cheese if you prefer 🙂
- Choose small tender potatoes so that it cooks faster and its easy to scoop.
- Use little water to cook rajma so that there is no need to strain.
- While scooping dont give pressure, just do it gently.I didnt get it perfect too but its okay for first timer I guess 😉
- I used the scooped potato portion for aloo paratha.
- You can use any bean of your choice.Using smaller variety beans is easy to fit in the scooped portion so I suggest dried butter beans / soya beans.
- If you dont have olive oil,then go ahead with cooking oil.
- If you choose bigger potatoes then filling the stuffing will be easy but while eating, the outer layer of potato will be bland and not juicy.
- You can even skip peeling the skin and bake it as such.
- You can even grill it for the last 3mins to get a crispy outer layer but the cheese will get crispy too.If you prefer that way then go ahead.