Instant Amla Pickle Recipe
Recipe Category: Pickles | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Amla(Nellikai) – 7
Water -1 and 1/2 cups
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Jaggery Syrup – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Gingelly Oil – 3 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Wash amla well.Take amla along with water, salt and turmeric powder.Let it cook.
- You can see the wedges coming and if you prick with a knife, it should be soft.Drain water and separate the wedges.Discard the seeds.
- Now all the wedges are separated.In a pan – heat oil add mustard seeds, let it crackle.Then add red chilli powder and hing cook for a minute.
- Then add cooked amla and toss it for 5mins in low flame.Finally add jaggery syrup if you are adding.
Serve with rice!
- I used gingelly oil.You can use normal cooking oil also.
- Consume the same itself.May be you can extend the shelf life by adding more oil.
- You can add curry leaves while tempering.