Last Updated on December 7, 2020
When I pack idli podi toast I make sure to include fruits / veggies for her snack / lunchbox to make it wholesome.So here is what you see in the pic….Idli Podi Toast and Watermelon for lunchbox and Carrot for snacktime.
Idli Podi Toast
Recipe Category: Lunchbox | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Click the links below to get the full recipe with stepwise pictures
Here is the kids lunchbox idea 33:
- Make idlis and rest it atleast for 30mins.Then cut into small cubes,Set aside.Heat a pan / dosa tawa, drizzle oil when it starts to smoke add 1 tsp idli podi let it bubble.
- Then add the idli cubes and toss it well so that the podi gets coated well.Sprinkle the remaining 1 tsp idli podi and toss it well.Add ghee, mix well and toast for a minute.
- Add gingelly oil(nalennai) which tastes best, it is good for health too.
- Just for flavour ghee is added.
- You can even use leftover idli to make this but as we are making for lunchbox for kids, I recommend making fresh idlis.
- You can even refrigerate the fresh idlis for a while to make them stiff so that it doesnt crumble while crumble.
- Do not cut the idlis when it is still hot / warm.Let it cool completely then start making cubes.