Last Updated on December 7, 2020
You can use this for your cheesecakes(which is what I did)or just spread it on your crackers and enjoy…yum!!
NOTE : There were many of the cream cheese recipes which was apt like paneer making and hung curd making. This is slightly different with the add on process. Though the actual cream cheese making involves some culture making and some techie things…..this is only a substitution but works so well.
Homemade Cream Cheese Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Homemade | Recipe Cuisine: World
Milk – 1 litre
Curd(Yogurt) – 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 1.5 tbsp (or) Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Boil milk, add lemon juice and stir continuously until the whey water and cheese seperates. You can see the whey seperating from milk as seen below.Switch off.
- Now pour this into a muslin cloth and drain water. Then wash it in cold water twice atleast to get rid of the lemon flavour.Leave it aside keeping a container under it for 15mins for the water to drain.
- Then add curd and mix well. Now transfer it to the mixer and grind this mixture to a smooth paste.
- Now transfer this again to the muslin cloth and bring the ends together and tie a knot and hang it on a cupboard handle. Leave it aside for 5-6 hours till all the liquid is drained completely. You can place a container under the hanging to collect the dripping. Then open and collect cream cheese in a bowl and refrigerate it overnight.
Your homemade cream cheese is ready…When you want to use it, bring it to room temperature then use it for your cheese cakes or frosting for cakes.
- You can also use 1/4 cup cream to get a richer version.
- If you use full fat cream milk you will get more quantity and creamier version of cheese.
- You can refrigerate upto 2 weeks for usage. I am not sure whether it will keep well even more than that.