Its a eventful day for us – Yes , mittu made her way through the admission and am soo happpy!!! Though kids are interactive and active…the 10mins testing session decides it all so I was a bit tensed and I saw that I was not alone 🙂 Anyway all ended up well and thanks to all who wished her gud luck!
Gobi Matar Curry Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Cauliflower – 1 cup (cut into sized florets)
Fresh Green Peas – 1/3 cup
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Tomato – 1 big pureed (use 2 if its small sized)
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Dhaniya powder – 1.5 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp chopped finely
Salt- to taste
Oil / Ghee – 1.5 tbsp
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
Cloves – 2
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Boil water add gobi first and when its half cooked add peas and cook till both are cooked until soft yet crunchy enough to bite.Drain water and set aside.Heat oil in a pan temper the items mentioned under ‘to temper’, let it splutter.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, onions, saute till it turns slighlty browned. Then add tomato puree and cook until the raw smell completely leaves. At this stage add red chilli, garam masala, dhania powder, required salt and mix well.Cook till raw smell of tomato leaves.
- Add cooked gobi and peas, give a quick stir.Sprinkle little water and allow it to boil – this will be in gravy consistency.Let the veggies absorb the masalas well.
- Keep closed for 2 mins and cook until the gravy thickens and becomes semi gravy and the masalas are well blended with the veggies.Switch off and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with any variety rice or even plain rice.
- As an alternative you can even add a tbsp of coconut while sauting onions or even grind it together with tomatoes to get more gravy.
- You can even pressure cook the veggies, take care not to mush the veggies.The veggies should be cooked soft yet crunchy enough to bite.
- This is semi dry curry, but if you want more gravy ad 2-3 tomatoes to make the puree.
- Chopped tomatoes can also be added instead of puree.