Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Curry Leaves Chutney Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Curry leaves – 1/2 cup tightly packed
Coconut – 1/4 cup
Tamarind – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tbsp
Gram Dal – 2 tsp
Green Chillies – 1 small
Salt – to taste
To roast and grind:
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Hing – a small pinch
- Dry roast urad dal till golden brown, finally add the tamarind mix and switch it off, set aside, Then roast curry leaves till it shrinks and is slightly crisp.
- Grind coconut, tamarind,roasted urad dal, curry leaves along with gram dal,green chillies and required salt to a fine paste adding very little water.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds and hing – allow it to splutter and transfer the tempering to the chutney and mix well.
Serve with hot idlis or mini oothapams like as I did.
- You can even add a tsp of channa dal while roasting urad dal.
- Adding gram dal gives a creamy texture to the chutney.
- Amma says adding milk is optional, but sure gives a richness and creaminess to the pongal.