I have noted down a recipe with fresh coconut,jaggery and milk as main ingredients will surely try and post it by next year.
Coconut Ladoo Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Dessicated Coconut* – 1 cup heaped + 1/4 cup for rolling
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder – a pinch(optional) – I didn’t add.
- I used Amul Mithai Mate condensed milk, measure 1/2 cup and keep aside.Now in a pan preferably nonstick – roast dessicated coconut for 2mins.
- Then add condensed milk,and cook in low flame till it comes together.
- First it may look crumbly after sometime it forms a ball like, at this stage switch off.Let it cool down now form small balls.
- Roll the ladoos in dessicated coconut.Place them in mini cupcake liners and let it to set.
Keeps well for 2 days in room temperature itself!
- If you are using fresh coconut then roast the coconut till golden then add condensed milk.
- Ladoos made with condensed milk has more shelf life.
- If you are using fresh coconut then the measure of condensed milk may slightly vary so plus or minus accordingly.
- Do not overcook just switch off once everything comes together.Else the ladoos will turn hard and lose melt in the mouth texture.
- The ladoo keeps well for atleast 2 days in room temperature.May be after that you can refrigerate it.