Carrot stir fry recipe quick video
Carrot Poriyal Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Carrots – 1.5 cups grated
Onion – 1/4 cup chopped finely
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dhal – 3/4 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Green Chillies – 1 slitted into half
- Wash carrots, remove the outer skin, grate it and keep aside.Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds,urad dal and let it splutter. Add curry leaves and fry for a min. Now add green chillies and saute for 2mins.Now add onion,required salt and saute well till it is transparent.
- Then add grated carrots.Saute till it shrinks mins then sprinkle little water and cook covered till it turns soft and raw smell leaves.You can omit water and cook covered too.Cook until it becomes soft.
- Once it becomes dry add coconut, give a quick stir and switch off.
Switch off and serve with sambar rice or any variety rice. This tasty carrot stir fry is quick and easy to make. Goes well with any variety rice or sambar rice. And carrots we get here are very fresh as they are straight from ooty and the color is nice fresh orange and they are sweet and tasty too. Coming up next is Eggless choco chip yogurt cookies…Stay tuned!
- Amma always adds coconut only after switching off any poriyal as raw coconut is not much of cholesterol she says so using it as raw as much as possible is good.
- In case you want to pack and wants more shelf life add coconut saute for a while then switch off.