Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Bread Bajji Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Bread – 5 slices
Besan Flour – 1/2 cup
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cooking Soda – 1/8 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – to deep fry
- Measure and take besan and rice flour and transfer to a wide mixing bowl.Add red chilli powder,ginger garlic paste,required salt and whisk it well for even mixing.
- Then add water little by little to form a semi runny batter slightly thicker than dosa batter.It should be free flowing but not too runny as shown.Set aside.
- Trim the edges of bread slices and cut it diagonally to form triangles.Now add cooking soda to the batter.
- You can see small bubbles frothing which shows the activeness of soda.Dip each triangle piece of bread slice on both sides.
- Heat oil, add the bread slices, turn over and cook on both sides till golden.Cook in low medium flame to avoid burning.Drain in tissue paper and serve hot.
- I usually add cooking soda just before using the batter.Don’t let it rest for long after soda is added.If you want to reserve the batter for later use then add cooking soda alone later.
- I used milk bread, you can use normal bread or even sandwich bread.But I love the slight sweetness milk bread gives.
- Sprinkle a pinch of chat masala while serving if you prefer.
- The batter should consistency should be just right, if its too runny then the batter will not stick to the bread so prepare the batter accordingly and add water carefully.
- Cook in low medium flame and fry both sides till golden.
- Oil should be just hot not smoky hot else the bread bajjis will turn darker soon without cooking inside.
- You can even make small squares and fry them.The shape is upto your preference.
- As I just fried few pieces, I used my small kadai.
- I love to eat it as such but can be accompanied with coconut chutney too.