Beetroot Raita Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side Dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Beetroot – 1 (comes to 1/2 cup tightly packed)
Thick Curd(Yogurt/Dahi) – 1 and 1/2 cups
Salt – to taste
Water – as required to cook beets
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Ginger – 1/2 tsp chopped finely
Green Chillies – 1 chopped
- Grate the beetroot using a grater,set aside.Saute it in a kadai till it shrinks and raw smell leaves.Then add little water till immersing level.
- Cook covered till it turns soft.Whisk the curd, add cooked beetroot. Give quick mix.
- Heat oil – temper the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter, transfer it to the raita,add required salt and mix well.
Serve with any parathas or variety rice.
- The ratio of curd : beetroot is purely your choice. You can change it according to your taste and preference.
- Use thick yogurt for any raita variety. If your curd is little watery then hang it in a muslin cloth for 15-30 mins to drain off the excess water.
- While tempering you can replace green chillies with red chillies.