But remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.This 4-5 months baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
Homemade Sprouted Ragi Milk Powder for Babies – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Whole Ragi – 1 cup
Water – as needed
- Soak ragi overnight,rinse it well then drain water and transfer to hot box set aside undisturbed for 8 hrsmyou will see small sprouts coming out.
- Now transfer this mixture to a mixer jar and grind it and extract thick milk,use a strainer to extract milk.Then again add little more water and extract milk.
- I always extract milk twice.Now trasnfer the extracted milk to a bowl and keep it undisturbed for 15mins.You can see clear water floating on top.Slowly drain the clear water alone.Then you will be left out with oly thick milk
- Now pour the thick ragi milk to a flat bottomed wide tray.Let it dry under the sun for atleast 2 days until uit becomes dry completely and starts to show splits.I broke them roughly.
- Transfer the broken pieces to a mixer jar and grind it to a fine powder.Roast the powder for 3-5mins just until the heat gets onto the flour.
Cool down and then store.
- You can stop with step1 ,spread sprouted ragi in a plate,dry it completely then give to mill for grinding.
- Extract milk twice to get a semi thick milk.
- If you doing in bulk and storing roasting is must.Just roast for few mins thats enough.
- This keeps well for 2-3 months, but do the roasting.
- Use a clean dry spoon for scooping.No need to sieve as the powder will be very fine.