Every time I see pillsbury multigrain ad,I always wonder how to make multigrain atta at home. And last month gave a try and I was completely satisfied with the results and here goes the recipe... Do check out my how to post on making soft phulkas here.
Homemade Multigrain Atta Recipe - Ingredients
Whole Wheat(Punjab Gothumai) - 2 kg
Oats - 100 gms
Maize - 100 gms
Ragi - 50 gms
Chana Dal - 100 gms
Soya Bean - 50 gms
- If you want cup measures you can have a ratio of 2.5 cups(wheat) : 1 cup(multigrains)
- We usually grind punjab whole wheat and samba wheat together in the ratio 2:1 for normal chapathi flour.
Multigrains - Ragi, Channa Dal, Soya, Oats, Maize and Whole wheat
1.Wash all the grains well and let it dry in sunshade for at least for a day till it is completely dry. Then give it for grinding, I gave it to the mill.
2.Allow it to cool for sometime.Sieve it twice and discard the coarse mixture that is retained. while sieving Store in airtight container.
- Dry the multigrains completely before giving it to grind.
- Dont add more ragi and soya than the quantity mentioned else it will give a raw taste and ragi will change the color too.
- You can even roast the multigrains(except whole wheat) till a nice aroma rises. Then combine with wheat and give to grind though I havent tried it personally.
- You can even add barley and other grains as per your preference.
Phulka(Roti) made out of multigrain atta flour