Egg is my(our) favourite and it has been our life saver during our hectic days. I tried this egg curry long back and have been making it often. I like to try different and new egg recipes and this one fitted my craving perfectly. I've posted this chettinad egg gravy long back and have got good feedback for it.
Many of my friends even asked whether sharmis passions is a vegetarian space, I want to make it clear here.....the main reason for not posting nveg dishes is that I dont cook nveg though I eat ;) For the lame excuse I cant make this space starve so sure to post nveg dishes hereafter from ammas kitchen :)
- First boil the eggs, remove the shells and keep aside. In a pan, dry roast pepper corns, cumin seeds and make them to a fine powder. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamom and cloves, fry for a minute. Then add chopped onions and green chillies and fry until onions turn light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, fry until its mushy and raw smell leaves. Now add turmeric, chilli and coriander powder, fand mix well. Add required salt and little water, simmer for 5mins.
- Add coconut milk, 1/4 cup water and allow it to boil for 5mins. Once the curry is slightly thick, add the roasted powder and allow it to cook for 2mins.
- Now slit the eggs half and add it to the curry. Allow it to boil for 2 more mins, garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
I like my gravy/curry to be thick and now u know the main reason for me to like this gravy :) You can make this curry even more thicker if you like.
- I just reduced the cumin and pepper by 1/2 tsp as I wanted a less spicy curry. Adjust as per your liking.
- You can add eggs a little before serving time too. Just heat the curry and add the eggs when serving as the egg easily absorbs the curry so try to serve a little after you switch off.