Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Pasta Recipes are the most wanted at home, though I don’t make it often I make white sauce pasta at least once a month on demand.Now that even mittu likes pasta, I am making it for her too.But I made this schezwan pasta just for me when hubby was on trip to the US.So I enjoyed it myself for breakfast and skipped the lunch so it should be brunch right ?! 😉
Now lets get onto schezwan pasta…this is a very easy one pot dish that you can put together in few minutes.
Veg Schezwan Pasta Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Pasta – 1 cup
Green Peas – 1/4 cup
Butter – 2 tsp
Onion – 3 tbsp finely chopped
Capsicum – 2 tbsp chopped roughly
Schezwan Sauce – 1 tbsp
Mixed herbs – 1/4 tsp
Pepper Powder – a generous pinch
Salt – to taste
- Boil water.When it starts to boil, add the pasta along with salt and a few drops of oil.
- Cook in medium flame.Keep cooking and make sure you stir in between. Cook until it becomes soft but not mushy.It should have the crunch to bite at the same time it will slightly bend,thats the right stage.Switch off and drain water,Set aside.
- Pressure cook green peas for 3 whistles.Heat oil in a pan – add onion saute till transparent.
- Add capicum saute for 2mins,then add schezwan sauce add little water and let it boil for 2mins.
- Give a quick mix then add cooked green peas,salt,mixed herbs and pepper powder.
- Give a mix, then add cooked paste and toss it well till the pasta is fully coated with the sauce,cook for 2mins then switch off.
- You can add other cooked vegetables like carrot,beans too.
- This pasta is spicy so adjust spices accordingly if you want a less spicy version.
- I used penne pasta here,you can use any variety of pasta you like.