Veg Manchow Soup is a tasty, comforting doodle soup made by simmering vegetables with spices and boiled with fried noodles. Veg Manchow Soup is a good appetizer that is liked by all and a must try at home for the joy of cooking.
Veg Manchow Soup is one of the very popular soups in restaurants.It is made with mixed vegetables as base and cornflour as thickening agent.It is a clear soup served with a generous dose of fried noodles as they serve in restaurants.
I am not a big fan of clear soup recipes but hubby enjoyed it thoroughly as he loves all types of soups.I always limit myself with either tomato soup or sweet corn soup at restaurants and hubby always orders clear soups.You can skip fried noodles too but that’s how it is served in restaurants so wanted to replicate it at home too.
More soup recipes
If you have any more questions about this Veg Manchow Soup Recipe do mail me at [email protected]. In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Veg Manchow Soup Recipe? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
Veg Manchow Soup
- 1/2 cup hakka noodles
- 1/4 cup cabbage finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot finely chopped
- 1/8 cup beans
- 1/8 cup capsicum
- 1 tbsp spring onion
- 3 medium sized garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/8 tsp soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil + for deep frying
- Deep fry noodles till golden. Drain in tissue paper and set aside. Chop the vegetables and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a pan - add crushed garlic sauté till golden then add spring onion. Saute for a minute.
- Add carrot, cabbage and beans sauté for few mins until raw smell leaves. Meanwhile add water to corn flour and make a thin liquid.
- Add capsicum and sauté the veggies together. Add soya sauce, vinegar.
- Add pepper powder and saute for few mins. Then add 1 cup water.
- Let it boil, add salt and chilli flakes (you can add it along with pepper powder itself).Let it cook for at least 10 mins in low flame.
- Cook until the veggies are cooked not too soft it should be slightly crunchy. Now add corn flour mixture. Let it boil for 5 mins.
- Cook until the mixture becomes slightly thick. Add the noodles boil for 2 mins then switch off. Veg Manchow Soup ready!
- You can first boil noodles then deep fry it too. But I felt it would absorb more oil so deep fried then added to the soup.
Veg Manchow Soup Recipe Step by Step
- Deep fry noodles till golden.Drain in tissue paper and set aside.Chop the vegetables and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a pan – add crushed garlic saute till golden then add spring onion.Saute for a minute.
- Add carrot,cabbage and beans saute for few mins until raw smell leaves.Meanwhile add water to cornflour and make a thin liquid.
- Add capsicum and saute the veggies together.Add soya sauce,vinegar.
- Add pepper powder and saute for few mins.Then add 1 cup water.
- Let it boil, add salt and chilli flakes(you can add it along with pepper powder itself).Let it cook for atleast 10mins in low flame.
- Cook until the veggies are cooked not too soft it should be slightly crunchy.Now add cornflour mixture.Let it boil for 5mins.
- Cook until the mixture becomes slighty thick.Add the noodles boil for 3mins then switch off.
Store and serve.
Enjoy it hot with a generous sprinkle of pepper powder, fried noodles and spring onions!
Lovely.. that pepper crusher… looks like venkatesh bhat style.. Your props are amazing..where did u get this one?
I got it the peppermill frm poppad jammal
Hi Sharmi, How are you? Was going through your blog after a long time and must say that I loved your veg munchow soup. Frame by frame method also was very helpful.
I am stunned at your cooking & photography skills. No words to explain, how great they are.
Can you please mention which brand of hakka noodles do you prefer?
Thank you so much!
Chings will be good