I have already posted vanilla popsicles and chocolate popsicles last year so wanted to try a layered version combining both.Mittu is fond of layered popsicles too so tried this vanilla chocolate popsicles, it turned out so tasty.
Vanilla Chocolate Popsicle Recipe
Recipe Category: Popsicles | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
For the Vanilla Layer
Boiled and Cooled Milk – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 1.5 tbsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/4 tsp
For the Chocolate Layer
Boiled Milk – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Coco powder – 1 tbsp
Choco Chip – 1.5 tbsp
- Measure and take milk, add sugar to it.Then add vanilla essence.
- Take your popsicle mould and pour the vanilla mixture till 1/2 of the mould.Mittu wanted one plain vanilla so I filled that too.Wrap with aluminium foil and freeze it.Freeze for atleast 2 hrs.
- Meanwhile take milk in a pan, add sugar,coco powder.Whisk it well so that there are no lumps.
- Then add choco chips and let it melt.Whisk it well and switch off.Cool down completely.
- Then pour over the vanilla layer.Close with lid and freeze it.If you want to insert sticks,Wrap it with a aluminium foil and then insert icecream sticks if you are using them.Freeze for 8 hrs or overnight.Then carefully show the bottom part in running tap water, set aside undisturbed for atleast 2-3mins then slowly remove the popsicles.
- You can use papercups for freezing too.
- If the vanilla layer is not firm then it will mix with chocolate layer so pour the second layer only after the first layer becomes hard.
- Freezing for atleast 5-6 hrs is required but I kept it overnight.
- For easy demoulding – show the popsicle moulds in warm water, then pull the stick out slowly to get the ice pops clean.
- Adjust sugar according to your preference.