Last Updated on October 19, 2021
- First dry roast oats, cornflakes, nuts and dry fruits in a pan until a nice aroma comes and oats starts slightly browning up. Keep aside.
- Now in the same pan, add butter heat it till it melts. Now add honey, peanut butter, demererar sugar and water, heat it until the mixture starts bubbling up.
- At this stage add the roasted oats, cornflakes and nuts mixture and mix well until honey-peanuts mixture is coated on all sides of the oats cornflakes mixture.
- Then transfer to a butter paper and spread it using a spoon or a wooden laddle to 1/4 or 1/2 inch thickness. Straighten the edges and make it as a square or rectangle.
- Cover it with another butter paper and press them down gently.Allow them to cool for 5mins then cut into bars.Bake the bars at 200 deg C for 5-7 mins to make it more crispy , this step is optional but it will retain the bars crispness for a longer time. Cool down and store it in an airtight container.
The granola bars can be stored for about a week in an airtight container. I have been experimenting these bars with various combinations and this one is my fav.