Last Updated on December 7, 2020
1.Soak the leftover rice in immersing level of water overnight. Drain little water next day morning then add buttermilk / curd. Smash it well with a laddle.Add little more water to bring it to porridge consistency.
- Let over rice is best to be used for this neeragaram. If you are using fresh rice, give some 2-3hrs resting time then soak it.
- Actually neeragaram is just water and rice but we can add buttermilk/curd to enhance the taste.
- Mud pots are natural coolant so serving in it gives a cool feeling.
- You can also add coriander, curry leaves to garnish and for extra flavour.
- I removed the seeds almost fully in green chillies to avoid the spice level in it.
- No need to refrigerate it.