I got this bucket few months ago and was waiting to use it for the clicks…and finally did.I always wanted light blue props and finally found one of my choice….:)
Red Chilli Onion Chutney Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Big Onion – 2 medium sized chopped lengthwise
Red Chillies – 4
Garlic – 3 halved
Tamarind -1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Soak red chillies in water, Meanwhile chop the onions lengthwise,,Set aside. First grind red chillies along with garlic and little water to a coarse paste.
- Then add onions along with tamarind and grind it a semi fine paste. Heat oil in a kadai add mustard seeds let it splutter.
- Then add the chilli onion paste,required salt and saute well till raw smell leaves.
- Use gingelly oil(nallenai) generously while serving.
- If you feel 4 red chillies is more for you then reduce to 3 but this is needed to compensate the slight sweetness let out by onions.
- The chutney becomes thick more like a thokku after sauteing…make sure you add little water to make it chutney consistency before serving.
- This keeps well for a day in room temperature and 3 days when refrigerated so its sure ideal for travel.